Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Creativity is #1

Since my daughter turned one today, I thought it would be appropriate for me to finally do this post. I have had it ready for a while, but life happened.

I am sure most of you have the Wilton letters and number set. I don't know about you, but I was never a fan of the 1 cutter that was included in the set. Rather than going by the cute copper cutter, I decided to make use of what I have for now. Here are the steps you could take to get a cute number 1 cookie using the uppercase I cutter.





Cut out your dough using the "I" cutter

Take a knife and cut off the top right part of the "I" so it is even with the center

Then make a diagonal cut to the top left portion of the "I"


Voila! A cute number one cookie in just a few simple steps!! 


Here are some of those "ones" in action:




Maybe one day I will spring for a cute number 1 cutter... but for now... this works perfectly fine for me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment