Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mason's Magic Party: Part Three


The Food:
His cake is usually amazing!! We have had the same lady make it every year... until this year :( Since she wasn't able to make it this year, I decided to give it a try! Since I had to many other things to make for the party, I decided to order a cake with white icing and piping. I then took candy and cookies I had made and decorated the cake with those. It turned out pretty cute!



I tried to make the food for the party magic themed also.  

For the main entrees we had Disappearing Dogs (Hot dogs), Abracadabra PB and Alakazam PB&J (Peanut butter and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches cut in the shape of a bunny head with a cookie cutter), Hocus Pocus Nachos, and Shazam Chili. 


I also made food tags for each item. Here are a few:



I had a small veggie tray (rabbit food) and Magic Snack Mix. I made this mix by combining pretzels, cheerios, baby goldfish, peanuts, and m&ms. You could throw in or omit anything you want.


I also wanted to do chocolate cupcake since the cake was white. I made Rabbit in the Hat Cupcakes. I will be posting a tutorial on how to make these soon.


The other desserts I had were Magic wands (braided pretzels dipped in chocolate), Top hat cookies (fudge stripe cookies with a chocolate covered marshmallow on top and a twizzler pull and peel around the bottom), and Magic Rings (mini donuts made with my mini donut maker). Store bought donuts could also be used but I wanted an excuse to pull out my maker ;). 



We also had magic potion to drink (lemonade).



We had almost 80 people RSVP to say they were coming to the party, but ended up only having about 1/3 of them show up. Needless to say we had A LOT of leftovers. My poor family was sick of nachos and hotdogs after about day 3. I didn’t want the leftovers to go to waste, so I decided to change things up a bit. I boiled some noodles and put them in a large Pyrex dish. I mixed the cheese and the chili with the noodles. I cut up some of the weenies and mixed those in as well. I prepared 2 boxes of cornbread and poured that over the top then baked it until golden brown. My family really like it and was happy to not have the same thing they had been eating for days! 

How about I end with one more picture of my cuties!!


Thanks for reading!! I will have one more part with my first tutorial on how to make the rabbit in the hat cupcakes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment